The dental faculties office of study and examinations have organized midterm assessments in all subjects for the dentistry students at LIMU.
This morning, 3rd year and 4th year students undertook an exam in removable prosthodontics and restorative dentistry, respectively.
LIMU’s 3rd year dental students undergo their practical training sessions in LIMU’s dental laboratories, and 4th and 5th year students move on to practice their skills in the LIMU clinical training centre.
A Bachelors degree of Dental Surgery is awarded to the graduates. As all other faculties of LIMU, the faculty of dentistry uses the PBL (Problem Based Learning) system, which consists of the following:
* The five years of dentistry are made up of various study blocks, which is then followed by a 9 month internship training program.
* Each block is made up of a variety of teaching methods, including workshops, lectures, practical sessions and seminars.
* The academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester includes two blocks, as well as an additional clinical skills block. The duration of study per block ranges between 4-6 weeks, which includes the time taken to undergo midterm examinations.
* Each academic year begins in the first half of October.
* Each second semester starts the beginning of March.
* English is the main language of learning in the Faculty of Dentistry.